- Peppermint is considered one of the finest liver remedies available, with both cholagogue (promotes the discharge of bile, purging it downward) and antimigraine effects.
- It is a remedy for IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) and Crohn’s. Peppermint oil is better than Western drugs for treating irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
- Rats are highly sensitive to smell. Peppermint oil’s high concentration of menthol could, in large doses, be a natural method for repelling rats.
- Peppermint anesthetizes the nerves in the intestinal tract by local action, and as this action does not stimulate the uterus, it is considered safer to use for morning sickness than angelica or catnip which both have antispasmodic properties.
- In Traditional Chinese Medicine, peppermint is recognized for its ability to Release to the Exterior, Expel Wind and Heat, Move Blood, and Calm Shen.
Watch my short video: Peppermint, mint, spearmint…What’s the difference? And find out more about this lovely healing herb.
Take full advantage of Peppermint’s unique healing powers with our new Peppermint (Peppermint).
(Complete Collection PLUS+ Members, your new WRI™ Healing Herb Course is available in our Healing Herb Collection. Enjoy!)