Lion’s mane is one of the world’s great culinary and medicinal mushrooms. It is rightly famous for supporting brain and nervous system health.
But did you know that lion’s mane also…
- Helps to lower blood sugar and reduce diabetic nerve pain in the hands and feet?
- Helps prevent the development of stomach ulcers by inhibiting the growth of the bacteria, H. pylori (known for contributing to the formation of ulcers)?
- Protects the stomach lining from damage caused by long-term use of NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, such as aspirin and Ibuprofen)?
- Has been found more effective, in extracted form, at inhibiting alcohol-induced stomach ulcers than traditional acid-lowering drugs, without the negative side effects?
- Contains the compound, hericenone B, which can help to reduce the rate of blood clotting thereby lowering the risk of heart attack or stroke.
- Significantly reduces leukemia cells? Some studies even recommend lion’s mane be used as a supplement to treat cancer.
Find out more about Lion’s Mane (Hou Tou Gu), this delicious and highly beneficial medicinal mushroom.